Peace out and XO, Y2K+12!
1. The fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco by a Japanese man. International Waters
2. The movie Cobra is based on the novel Fair Game. Sylvester Stallone wrote the screen play adaptation of the novel and starred in the movie as the titular “Cobra.” Mr. Stallone asked the author of the book, Paula Gosling, to remove her name from the novel and replace it with his. Ms. Gosling declined. How Did This Get Made
3. The giraffe is the only animal born with horns. Doug Loves Movies
4. Marvel comics has a trademark on the term “super hero.” DC comics has a trademark on “super-hero.” Yet, the most common spelling is “superhero.” Pop Culture Happy Hour
5. Los Angeles, California has more artists, actors, musicians, and dancers in the same place at the same time than anywhere in the history of human civilization. International Waters
6. Professional wrestler Necro Butcher, who was featured in the movie The Wrestler, graduated from high school at age 15 and is in Mensa. Jordan, Jesse, Go!
Your fortune cookie says: Happy New Year!
Comedy Bang Bang fans can vote on their ten favorite Comedy Bang Bang episodes for this year’s Best Of episode. Voting closes on December 10th!
Hurricane Sandy is here. I have more non-perishable food and podfacts than I know what to do with.
1. The rapper 2 Chainz used to go by the stage name Tity Boi. Who Charted
2. The first known joke was found on a Sumerian tablet dating from the 19th century, BCE. It was a fart joke. The Dinner Party
3. Calling candy sprinkles “jimmies” may be racist. Jordan, Jesse, Go!
4. Jon Hamm taught acting to Ellie Kemper, who plays “Erin” on The Office, when she was in high school. WTF
5. Ten people are recorded to have survived going over Niagara Falls. I do not recommend attempting it as you will be fined approximately $10,000 for stunting without a license. The Dinner Party
6. In the director’s cut of That Thing You Do, the viewer learns that Tom Hanks’s character is gay and in a committed relationship with a man played by former professional football player and Radio Shack spokesperson Howie Long. Nerdist
7. Science recently learned that the half-life of DNA is 521 years. So it seems real-life Jurassic Park isn’t in the cards. :( Also, time is running out to stock up on an endless supply of 16th-century emperors. The Dinner Party
Hope everyone’s safe and sound after Sandy’s visit. FWIW, “Tity Boi” is really fun to say out loud and I recommend it. At least global warming isn’t real lol!
Installment No. 8
Installment No. 8 is trim for bikini season.
1. If you need to play-act snorting cocaine for a film, television show, etc., powdered baby formula is your best option for a cocaine lookalike. The JV Club
2. Three hoarders who have been subjects on the television show Hoarders have also been Jeopardy! contestants. Sclarbro Country
Really, really trim.